Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

4 posters

Go down

Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review Empty Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

Post  intrinsic Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 am

So this one really gets my goat. This is the kind of pack i would really struggle with picking correctly based on value in THIS format.

Luminarch Ascension
Inferno Trap
Quest for Pureflame
Quest for the Gravelord
Joraga Bard
Umara Raptor
Goblin Shortcutter
Spire Barrage
Magma Rift
Makindi Shiledmate
Reckless Scholar
Grazing Gladehart
Steppe Lynx
Lethargy Trap
Mountain

So Ant already pointed out why maybe the Luminarch isnt the first pick in his recent draft deck thread.
Q Gravelord is a giant bad ass. The Raptor is great. Lynx early and with landfall can be deadly.
Magma Rift kills like 80% of the creatures in this format but doesnt seem like a first pick.

Is there an autopick here?
Am i not considering the best 3 or 4 cards?

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review Empty Re: Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

Post  Slyphidine Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:33 am

I think you're overvaluing the Raptor, which can be great in multiples or in a dedicated ally deck, but otherwise is outtempoed by Welkin Tern.

I like Inferno Trap and the Gladehart here. I'd probably go with the trap, as removal is awesome.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review Empty Re: Sample C: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

Post  redxxii Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:56 am

I'd go for the Ascension, it's just a massive bomb, and you don't need to make white your main color to play it. If you are going main white though I'd pick it heavily in the following packs to avoid sending bad signals.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:33 am

Every magic player that I know that is better than me says that black and red are the best colors in zen draft, with black being slightly better. That said, I believe that the pick comes down to either Steppe lynx or Quest for the Gravelord. This is a really hard pick for me. The lynx is slightly more powerful, but in a weaker color combo, and the gravelord is in the best color but a little worse. I think that both these cards are top 5 cards for their colors. Your choice here is based on if you like white or black more, who is sitting around you, and what you think is over and underdrafted.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down