Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

4 posters

Go down

Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review Empty Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

Post  intrinsic Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 am

Please help me evaluate the new set

P1P1 you open
Predatory Urge
Kazandu Refuge
Quest for the gemblades
Trusty Machete
Ior Ruin Expedition
Timbermaw Larva
Makindi Shieldmate
Torch Slinger
Into the Roil
Umara Raptor
Guul Draz Vampire
Nimbus Wings
Beast Hunt
Mold Shambler
Plains

Is there an obvious pick auto pick there?

To me Trusty Machete is the 1st pick, its an auto include in every deck, however ive seen that raptor get out of control. Predaory urge can be good if i guess you are confident you are going to draft big green dudes to follow it up with and into the roil has obvious big game impact.

Any other thoughts about that pack? Do i have the 1st pick values about right you think?

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review Empty Re: Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

Post  Slyphidine Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:24 am

I certainly take the Machete here. Everything else is build around, and what with the comparative weakness of green in this set, Predatory Urge gets knocked down a rung or two. Machete speeds up the aggro deck you want to be building.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review Empty Re: Sample A: Triple Zen Draft 1st pick review

Post  redxxii Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 am

Got to go with the big knife...

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 am

The machete is the right pick here. Like Dan said, everything else is build around and none of those picks are guaranteed to make your deck. The machete will make your deck every time.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down