Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Multiplayer Cleanupdate EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Multiplayer Cleanupdate

4 posters

Go down

Multiplayer Cleanupdate Empty Multiplayer Cleanupdate

Post  Slyphidine Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 am

800.4a
This rule dealt with cleaning up after a player leaves a multiplayer game. In order, all objects owned by that player leave the game, spells and abilities controlled by that player cease to exist, and effects which give the player control of any objects or players end. That middle part was intended to clean up objects not represented by cards: copies of spells, activated and triggered abilities, and the like. However, with Commandeer, it was possible for a player to control a spell on the stack represented by a card that didn't leave the game. The rules then want to make that card cease to exist. Making cards you don't own cease to exist is not generally considered sporting behavior, especially if you try to use fire or a hacksaw or something. Switching the order of the last two parts of this rule cleans it up.

Not that it will affect us really, but this was changed.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Cleanupdate Empty Re: Multiplayer Cleanupdate

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Slyphidine wrote:800.4a
This rule dealt with cleaning up after a player leaves a multiplayer game. In order, all objects owned by that player leave the game, spells and abilities controlled by that player cease to exist, and effects which give the player control of any objects or players end. That middle part was intended to clean up objects not represented by cards: copies of spells, activated and triggered abilities, and the like. However, with Commandeer, it was possible for a player to control a spell on the stack represented by a card that didn't leave the game. The rules then want to make that card cease to exist. Making cards you don't own cease to exist is not generally considered sporting behavior, especially if you try to use fire or a hacksaw or something. Switching the order of the last two parts of this rule cleans it up.

Not that it will affect us really, but this was changed.

not to sound angry or stupid, i didn't fucking get one word of that.

sometimes i have to step back from the crazy intricacies of the rules sometimes...
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Making cards you don't own cease to exist is not generally considered sporting behavior, especially if you try to use fire or a hacksaw or something.

Oh dear ... o_o;;

I think the short version is: If you are in a multiplayer game and get kicked out, everything you had on the board goes away and everything you controls that you don't own returns to it's original controller. If another player controls a spell that you owned (Commandeer for example) their control over the spell will stop first since the spell you are trying to commandeer originates from a card that no longer exists.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Zuty wrote:
Making cards you don't own cease to exist is not generally considered sporting behavior, especially if you try to use fire or a hacksaw or something.

Oh dear ... o_o;;

I think the short version is: If you are in a multiplayer game and get kicked out, everything you had on the board goes away and everything you controls that you don't own returns to it's original controller. If another player controls a spell that you owned (Commandeer for example) their control over the spell will stop first since the spell you are trying to commandeer originates from a card that no longer exists.

~Zuty

nope still blacked out as to the why. what is the unsportsmanlike thing people do to incite the creation of such a rule?
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:33 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:nope still blacked out as to the why. what is the unsportsmanlike thing people do to incite the creation of such a rule?

When I looked this rule up elsewhere it didn't mention that last part. What they did to the rule was just change it so all control effects end first so that any spells you controlled on the stack via Commandeer or the like cease to happen.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:35 pm

I think the reference to sporting behaviour was just meant as a joke. This is an explanation of why/how it changed, not a listing right out of the comp rules.

Hmmm... seems they haven't done anything to deal with O-Ring in multiplayer games. Apparantly, with the way the rules are, when someone dies whilst controlling O-Ring (or anything like it, like the Torment nightmares), the card removed by it never comes back. I never realized it until I saw a post mentioning it, but when the person dies, O-Ring never has the chance to trigger. Seems somewhat unintuitive, but tis the way it is.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down