Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards

4 posters

Go down

EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards Empty EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards

Post  Slyphidine Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:42 am

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/119k

Wizards is releasing EDH... ahem, I mean, Commander decks as their next multiplayer offering. Included across the 5 precons, there are 51 new cards specifically for this format. They'll be legal in Vintage and Legacy and nothing else.

This should be good news for Big Deck enthusiasts as well, as new cards geared toward multiplayer tactics is pretty awesome. They're also including wedge color generals... ahem, I mean commanders in each of the sets, so there will be more to choose from. Such as this guy.

Aside from the renaming of the format to Commander, this looks to be pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing some of the multiplayer-specific cards. Ok, looking forward to seeing all of them.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards Empty Re: EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards

Post  MidniteEffort Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 pm

i will cannibalize this set for Big Deck.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards Empty Re: EDH Decks with New Multiplayer Cards

Post  Zuty Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Any full set list on this? I do like the GBW general, but GY removal just makes him a really expensive 3/4.

I like EDH, but I don't like how mainstream it has gone. It's now boiled down to people running speed Niv decks or using 5 color generals. That's at least what I am hearing. It's no longer fun sounding.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Zuty wrote:Any full set list on this? I do like the GBW general, but GY removal just makes him a really expensive 3/4.

Is this the new "dies to removal?"

Remember, Maze of Ith is pretty good, but Land Destruction makes it a waste of a land drop. Smile

There will probably be a list closer to when it's released (June or July).
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:15 am

I really hope each Commander deck comes with a Maze of Ith... preferably foiled.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Slyphidine wrote:
Zuty wrote:Any full set list on this? I do like the GBW general, but GY removal just makes him a really expensive 3/4.

Is this the new "dies to removal?"

Remember, Maze of Ith is pretty good, but Land Destruction makes it a waste of a land drop. Smile

There will probably be a list closer to when it's released (June or July).

Well, I've noticed a lot of GY removal in big deck. It's almost a must. And with GY removal being as easy as dropping a Bog, it's just something to remember. He has two parts that depend on the GY; his casting cost and his ability to get stuff back from the GY to the field. GY removal will ruin both for you, but getting stuff in your GY is far from difficult, so dropping a Bog, Tormod's Crypt, or Nihil Spellbomb really just turns into a bump in the road. Ravenous Trap does look a little bit better for EDH vs. this at least, but still it's just a bump. The bigger issue is that you are casting stuff from your graveyard. This has it's pros and cons.

Pros: Cheap guys are easy to bring back.
Con: At a certain point it does become to expensive.
Pro: All sorts of fun is to be had. (Evoke that Mull Drifter and then Evoke from GY again later.)
Con: People are calling it a weaker version of Teneb
Pro: Gets around anything that stops it from coming into from your hand (Is there anything like this? Probably.)

Would I get this card, of course.
Is he top priority, not so much.

I still like my creation more.

Spoiler:

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down