Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C

+2
Slyphidine
intrinsic
6 posters

Go down

1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C Empty 1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C

Post  intrinsic Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:57 am

1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C

Tombstalker
Bayou
Nucklevee
Aether Vial
Hellkite Overlord
Nekrataal
Fact or Fiction
Chronozoa
Phyrexian Plaguelord
Force of Will
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Pulse of the Fields
Waterfront Bouncer
Wistful Selkie
Survival of the Fittest

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C Empty Re: 1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C

Post  Slyphidine Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:12 pm

I like FOF here, as it may be one of the best card drawers in the cube.

Tombstalker is also one of the ideal finishers, working excellently after an armageddon effect, but I stick with FOF.

Once again, you then burn Wistful Selkie, a marginal card back in Eventide draft. I love what Evan Erwin has done for magic, but I disagree with many of his cube choices.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C Empty Re: 1st pack/pick discussion CUBE! Sample C

Post  redxxii Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:35 pm

I'd have to 2nd the Tombstalker, he's an amazing finisher that can hit the table early at a significant discount.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:55 pm

I think I would take the aether vial here. It is a great card for most decks. You either play it in an aggro deck and it doubles your threat capacity and stops counterspells, or you play it in a control deck as a good 1 drop that can spit out your monsters while leaving counterspell backup. It is also great because you could get tinker, and this is great tinker fodder.
The other picks for me would either be force or fact. I think I would take force because I love the card, but fact is an amazing source of card advantage as well. Not sure what card is the right pick here.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:01 pm

these cube choices are actually from the cube cards listed in the simulated draft tool found here
http://draft.bestiaire.org/index.php

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  antknee42 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:54 pm

It is either Aether Vial or Fact or Fiction, as both are immensely powerful cards that don't lock you into a color (FoF is worth almost any splash). Tombstalker is a G, but he definitely isn't on the level of the other two cards.

Me? I think I would take whichever struck me at the time, I can't really choose unless I had the cards in hand.

-AA

antknee42

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:17 am

James, I believe that draft tool is based on Evan Erwin's cube.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

then his vube does indeed suck, or at the very least, is in need of a major overhaul

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:08 am

Fact or Fiction. EoTFoFIW
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down