Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Cube it up EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Cube it up EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Cube it up EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Cube it up EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Cube it up EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Cube it up EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Cube it up EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Cube it up EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Cube it up EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Cube it up

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cube it up Empty Cube it up

Post  Stormy Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey guys i sm new here. My name is Roger and I have played on and off for years. The past year or so I have only cubed. I live in Cinnaminson Nj and would like to get some cubing in sometime. Anyone playing any time soon?

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Cube it up Empty Re: Cube it up

Post  Slyphidine Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi Roger!

I'm thinking of going to Comics and More in Plymouth Meeting tomorrow, but I can't get there until closer to 2:30-3. I'll bring the cube along, though.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:19 pm

That might be too far and a bit too late for me. Anyone available a little closer to Philly from 11am to 6pm?

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:05 am

Ah, this month is wacky, so that's the only time I have for a little while. I will be at C&M later this afternoon if anyone is planning on going.

The other cuber on this forum is James (intrinsic). He lives in the city, and might be able to meet up more easily. You can send him a pm, or just post here and he'll see it at some point.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tomchaps Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 am

What, I don't count?

I live up in Mt. Airy near Dan, but have a more flexible schedule this month. I hope to organize something for this weekend, even if I can't make a prerelease. I have kids, so later in the evening can work for me most any day, but rarely earlier than that.

Dan, would Saturday after the prerelease work for you? How long do those things last, anyway?

tomchaps

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:09 am

Ack, sorry Tom! You were a recent addition to the forum! I'm so used to James and I being the only cubers on this forum.

I'll add that not only is Tom a cuber, but he has one of the coolest cubes ever. I like your discount cube as well.

This weekend is unfortunately too full for me at the moment. I don't even know if I'll be able to prerelease, as I have too many gigs at just the wrong time. I might have to wait until after September finishes before I can meet up again.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 am

Saturday i am trying to make the sealed at Redcap's Corner at 1pm, and ill likely mill around after with my cube in tow. IF im there (sadly my plans often fall thru, it sucks), im the 6'4" guy with glasses and a mohawk, you really cant miss me.

Outside of this weekend, im down to get together weeknights and cube as well. Im typically free from 6pm on and there are several local places in south philly near me we can get together and cube.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I posted on mtgsalvation already too.

I would be down with driving to MT Airy but a weekend day would work out better for me. I have kids and the weeknights are tough. I couldn't play this Saturday but I could potentially play this Sunday. Future weekends could work for me too. I also like hanging out in a more casual environment like someone's house vs a store. But of course I will take what I can get!

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I dont really post on mtg salvation, although i read it. Bunch of stuffy pricks over there.
With enough notice i can do weekend days easy enough, and while im not quick to invite randoms into my home im not against the idea once we meet and play a few times.

Lets throw out a date beyond this weekend and see who can gather for it and what location is best for all involved...

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 am

I am not much of a poster either. As for meeting and playing I will check my calendar and get back to you guys with some dates that I am available. I completely understand your hesitance to invite randoms to your house. I don't mind meeting at a store as long as we don't use my cube at first. It is essentially all of the cards that I have remaining and I don't want to lose any of them. Like most magic players I have had some of my stuff ripped off in the past.

Roger Sorino
character references available upon request

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  tomchaps Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 pm

One nice thing about having a budget cube is that I don't worry too much about letting people play with it.

I'd be happy to meet up any evening, this week or next, either at my place or somewhere else. I don't know the area well, though, so someone else would have to suggest a spot.

Intrinsic, does the 6'4" include the mohawk?

tomchaps

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:58 pm

haha, the 6'4" is before the hair goes up.

I have the same hesitance to take my cube public and play with people i do not know. Although my cube is "non-rare" its almost completely foiled and still quite valuable.

Might i suggest this then. We can meet up at a store and draft or winston or rochester or winchester cubes 1v1. That way, we could meet, chat a bit, and safely cube without need of randoms to worry about taking our things.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  tomchaps Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds good. Are there any stores you'd recommend that are open late enough to play, if I can't arrive before 8 p.m.? Do folks here ever play in bars or cafes? (The Bay Area was geeky enough that I saw it there quite a bit...)

I've never played a nonrare cube, and am quite interested in trying it. I tried a fake draft at tappedout.net once of one, and I had absolutely no idea how to evaluate the cards.

When I began my cube, I realized that a bad rare cube could be cheaper than a good nonrare cube. It worked great, until I found I didn't have the discipline to stay in my budget.

tomchaps

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Here is a link to my cube on tapped out
http://tappedout.net/mtg-cube-drafts/james-intrinsics-no-rare-cube/

As far as anything open late...
Its kind of funny but there is a dunkin donuts near me that is open 24 hours and doesnt mind magic players in it.
Ive played there before when the comic book store down the street was ready to close and my friend and i were not done playing.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Here are dates that I could play. I would be willing to drive to the mt airy location or someplace in or near Philly.

OCT 1, 2, 15, 16, 23, 29

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Stormy, i just noticed your mention of character references available on your earlier post. LOL

Im pretty sure im available 1 of the 2 days next weekend. Lets see who else would be willing to meet in Philly and which days would work best for those interested. Anyone else?

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Lets get back on target here. I cant do Saturday the 1st. Anyone up for this Sunday the 2nd somewhere? in the city preferably but will travel further if necessary.

Thoughts?

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:45 pm

I may be able to do the 2nd in the city or mt airy area.

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm out of town this coming weekend, so that's a no from me!
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 am

Ok, im down to do sunday in the city. I live in south Philly and there is a comic store near me that doesnt mind if we loiter and play and dont buy anything.
South Philly Comics
1621 E Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148
(267) 318-7855

If its just the 2 of us we can still draft, or winston/rochester/winchester

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm

I am tentative yes. I have a bunch of outdoor work to do on Saturday and if it doesn't rain I should be able to get it done then so I can play on Sunday. I see this place is open from noon to 9pm is that accurate? If so when would you want to play? I am a bit of an early bird but can be flexible.

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Stormy wrote:I am tentative yes. I have a bunch of outdoor work to do on Saturday and if it doesn't rain I should be able to get it done then so I can play on Sunday. I see this place is open from noon to 9pm is that accurate? If so when would you want to play? I am a bit of an early bird but can be flexible.

Anytime works for me. Name it and i'll be there.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:39 pm

I sent you a pm with my contact info. Let me know if you didnt get it. I am planning on being there at noon.

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Hey, glad we found the time and got to meet up.
We both drafted a new way for the first time, and you proved to be a much better magic player than i... which isnt that difficult. Laughing

Let me know when you have the time again and we will get a few more people together.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:25 am

Hey James, I had a great time. I enjoyed the winchester draft too. I did some additional reading up on it and I see that another method is to do it face up. I think that would be interesting too as you see all of the cards that your opponent is picking. Either way I'd love to play again soon and with more people in your extended group as well.

Stormy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next