Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer

5 posters

Go down

Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer Empty Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 pm

http://deckbox.org/sets/47445

putting this together this weekend!
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer Empty Re: Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer

Post  redxxii Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Might want to throw in some more removal like Swords to Plowshares, Lightning Helix, Path to Exile, Oblivion Right, etc. Seems like a solid concept though.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer Empty Re: Commander - Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer

Post  Uniclonus Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, I think it could stand a little more removal, but it looks workable as is. Definitely a fun concept, equip-based metalcraft.

Edit: I'd probably try to fit Silverskin Armor and maybe Tenza, Godo's Maul in.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 pm

redxxii wrote:Might want to throw in some more removal like ...Oblivion Right...

Second time, quoted for Jimglish posterity...
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Wow, I completely missed that one. I guess I'm just so used to them at this point they just go right by without notice.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Uniclonus wrote:Wow, I completely missed that one. I guess I'm just so used to them at this point they just go right by without notice.

i saw it, but i thought he was being cutesy. guess i was wrong. Jimglish is eternal.

hey so what cards do you guys think i should take out for more removal?

Bludgeon Brawl? lol
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:02 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:hey so what cards do you guys think i should take out for more removal?

Bludgeon Brawl? lol

I like Bludgeon Brawl, but I don't think it will work out in EDH.

Auriok Windwalker - Doesn't seem as good as it sounds, and with an active Puresteel Pally and Shikari on the field this card becomes useless.

Brass Squire - Same for Windwalker. Might be good very early on, but gets over shadowed quickly.

Other then those three cards, I can't really justify anything else being removed. Play test a few solitaire games and see what you are lacking.

~Zuty

EDIT: I was going to add that if you some how work a Soldier sub-theme into the deck you could run Catapult Master and Unified Strike as removal, but I just saw that Jor is a Warrior, not a Soldier.
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Steelshaper's Gift and Apprentice are not optimal tutoring. One just fetches it, and the other... is... so... slow... I'd put bolt and swords in over them. You have plenty of equipment tutoring.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of all of your equipment. Kusari-Gama, Magebane Armor, Hedron Matrix, Infiltration Lens are all mediocre. Your Sunforger currently casts 2 cards for free (well, White Sun Zenith if you really want it). Get some more sweet targets for it (how about Enlightened Tutor).
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Looking over the list again...
I don't know why Valakut is in there. You don't have enough Mountains or land search to make it worth while. I mean you need atleast half the Mountains in the deck in play for it be relavent, so I just don't see it actually being active often, if at all.

I'm also a bit iffy on Untaidake. Sure, you can use it to help cast your general, but other than that you don't have enough Legendary stuff to make it worthwhile. I'd bet more often than not you'd end up wishing it was a basic or something.

I agree with Dan about Sunforger. You definitely need either more stuff to cast with it or to replace it with a more useful piece of equipment.

Considering how much equipment seems to get used in EDH, you may want to think about Manriki-Gusari. At the very least, it pumps up one of your dudes a little.

Being a red/white deck, I'm surprised Lightning Helix isn't in already.

Zuty wrote:Auriok Windwalker - Doesn't seem as good as it sounds, and with an active Puresteel Pally and Shikari on the field this card becomes useless.

Brass Squire - Same for Windwalker. Might be good very early on, but gets over shadowed quickly.
So you're saying either of those two become useless when you have a specific pair of creatures on the board (and Metalcraft)? Yeah, that's not a good reason to remove them. Can't gaurantee you're gonna have the Puresteel and Shikari at the same time, nor can you be certain you'll have Metalcraft for the Paladin.
As for the benefits of the Windwalker and Squire: they're another body so they can pick up some equipment; the Windwalker flies, which can be quite relavent; the Squire contributes to Metalcraft (though there isn't a huge amount of it in the deck).

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Copied from MTGSalvation forums concerning if Jor Kadeen is playable as a general or not:

~Zuty

PROS
- He is competatively costed for an EDH commander.
- His power / toughness put him right in arround where he needs to be to fight with most other creatures in EDH. If anything he might be one shy to fight with the best of them but he is still right in the right range to do it.
- His ability can pump everything you control including himself which is a huge perk. More often than not some amazing ability like this will only affect other creatures.
- First Strike, this makes up for his low toughness. Having 4 toughness is still high enough to evade most of the annoying small stuff like the red command and sword of fire and ice killing him off. He will often outright win combat due to first strike.
- His colors give good artifact tutoring and artifact support.
- He is a strong token support commander. The ability to give tokens +3/+0 and swing in is like having an overrun.
- His ability to access early game agro + mass LD is great. Throw into the pie that he loves artifact mana to get to metalcraft and you should be able to recover nicely while others have little to no land left.

CONS
- Obviously boros is the worst color combination in EDH. The colors work nicely with what his abilities are but they are still sort of weak in comparison.
- The fact that he is such a vultron build is sort of an issue. If someone were to tuck him... wow I don't even know how you would try to bring him back up. These colors are soooo bad for when a general gets tucked.
- The deck needs to hit metalcraft to be at its peak operation. This could be very bad for artifact sweepers as loosing a bunch of artifacts always sucks. The deck would probably need to build in some artifact rez due to this.

Out of all of it the only really huge issue I have with him is that the deck would revolve around vultron general damage a lot and have no good way to retrieve him if he is tucked. Is this a large enough issue to toss him out the window? I know tucking is a large part of EDH and some of the other large vultron generals like Rafiq have ways to tutor him back up if he is tucked.
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:51 am

ok i updated the list after Dan's last post. i am considering the latest suggestions now. thanks, guys!

i didn't get to put it together over the weekend because i burnt the shit out of my hand...
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down