Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Friday night draft results EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Friday night draft results EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Friday night draft results EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Friday night draft results EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Friday night draft results EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Friday night draft results EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Friday night draft results EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Friday night draft results EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Friday night draft results EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Friday night draft results

4 posters

Go down

Friday night draft results Empty Friday night draft results

Post  intrinsic Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:30 pm

So i went to redcaps looking to trade friday night since they do constructed tourneys usually but just as i arrived a group of guys was looking for an 8th to draft at someones house nearbye and since my friend Adam was going i grabbed the 8th spot.

This was my 1st Zendikar draft, i had previously only played sealed.

So, needless to say, i drafted terribly haha. I 1st picked nighthawk and third picked the 2/1 marauder guy who gets intimidate with landfall and then black dried up. i took whatever decent came along to me after that figuring id fall solid into other colors by pack 2. No such luck, as i continued to not see clear signs of what was open and continued to draft the best of what i thought was available in 4 colors.

In the end, when i went to build, i was incredibly bummed at what i had laying in front of me.

Ultimately i played G/U/w but my worthwhile W was WW and so it really hindered me.

I went 0-4 losing terribly a few times and only baring losing a few times also.

The only thing worth mentioning is:
A. Not that you didnt know this but Nighthawk is BROOOOOOOOOOKEN.
B. I fucking HATE losing due to Grazing Gladehart.
C. Even worse than losing to Grazing Gladeharts lifegain is losing to a Grazing Gladehart targeted by a kicked rite of replication. Rolling Eyes
D. Possibly my favorite draft combo i ever pulled off. World Queller + Nissa + Nissa's Chosen = Twisted Evil

Hopefully my next draft goes better.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Friday night draft results Empty Re: Friday night draft results

Post  Slyphidine Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 am

Nighthawk is great, though I recently had a choice between him and hideous end, and I went with the latter. Probably one of the better creatures out there.

Someone kicked a replicated gladehart? Almost as crazy as your actually pulling off the Nissa/Chosen/World Queller combo.

And if it's any consolation, I am 2 for about 8 in getting past round one in Zendikar draft. It took a while for me to figure out what I was doing, and I still have problems with it. It can be a really fast format, so you have to be ready for that, and it can be a sickly controlling format too (allies build).

I'll be at Redcap's tonight if you want to stop by. I'm planning on Zendikar drafting, but I'll have the cube in tow, and who knows, maybe we'll get one together.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:50 am

I didnt end up with the worst cards in the world, but i just ended up having mediocre 4 colors.

I was excited to open a PW in draft and snatched Nissa up, not realizing she is not really all that great in limited.

i doubt ill be able to make tonight but we shall see.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 am

I had an utterly crazy BW agro deck that went 3-0 tonight.

3x Vampire Lacerator
2x Guul Draz Vampire
2x Surrakar Marauder
1x Blood Seeker
2x Kor Skyfisher
1x Kor Sanctifiers
2x Kor Hook Master
1x Hagra Crocodile
1x Malakir Bloodwitch
1x Shepherd of the Lost
1x World Queller

1x Journey to Nowhere
1x Disfigure
1x Hideous End
1x Feast of Blood
1x Bloodchief Ascension

I had to play John W. in the first round, and he crushed me with a monster start game 1, but I won the next 2 games by dumping my hand by turn 4. I ran over the guy in the 2nd round, and the 3rd I played it out with Linea (since A: I hate her, and B: I figured I could win).

Overall, I think I got lucky since I was pretty much the only person play Black in my pod (everyone was playing Blue or Red), and we had a couple of people who hadn't drafted in a long time. Go-go being a luck-sack!

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 am

Congrats, Jim. Nice constructed deck, Jim. Who the hell passed you that?

On another note, while she's not my favorite person, I don't understand why you hate Linnea so much. There's plenty more obnoxious and rude people there (actually, she's not obnoxious at all). It it her odd entourage?
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:04 am

Slyphidine wrote:Congrats, Jim. Nice constructed deck, Jim. Who the hell passed you that?

On another note, while she's not my favorite person, I don't understand why you hate Linnea so much. There's plenty more obnoxious and rude people there (actually, she's not obnoxious at all). It it her odd entourage?

That and I use to play her a lot back when she came to Dimension Collectables and she always tried to slow-play people in order to get draws. Drove me nuts.

redxxii

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 am

Linnea was really obnoxious at dimensions. She did try to pull a lot of shit. Also, last night she was really angry because Jim didnt draw with her in the last round. She kept wispering it to her group, and didnt think I heard her.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 pm

dark burn wrote:Linnea was really obnoxious at dimensions. She did try to pull a lot of shit. Also, last night she was really angry because Jim didnt draw with her in the last round. She kept wispering it to her group, and didnt think I heard her.

Hilarious to know! I figured she had to be pretty upset though, I refused to draw her out after she offered then I cost her packs (since I beat her she dropped to third and someone else got second).

To put it blunt, she just isn't good people!

redxxii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down