Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th

3 posters

Go down

[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th Empty [Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th

Post  redcapscorner Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Legacy constructed swiss
Sunday, August 7th 2011.

Doors open at 11am, Tournament begins at 1pm

Guaranteed first prize of x4 Force of Will.
Number of rounds and additional prizes based on number of participants.

$25 Entry fee.

Redcap's Corner,
4040 Locust St,
Philadelphia PA 19104
215-387-4040
www.redcapscorner.com

redcapscorner

Back to top Go down

[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th Empty Legacy attendance

Post  redcapscorner Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Curious since this forum is mostly players local to Redcap's:

If you are *not* planning to attend this tournament, what are your barriers to attendance?

Initial cost of deckbuilding, disinterest in the format, disinterest in competitive play, not enough prizes, Gil's a jerk, other?

-Gil Johnson
Redcap's Corner

redcapscorner

Back to top Go down

[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th Empty Re: [Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th

Post  Slyphidine Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 am

I'm speaking for a lot of people, so correct me if I'm wrong...

I do believe that the regulars here are much more casual players. We're good for a prerelease or a FNM booster draft, but larger events are a bit more intimidating.

I also think that most of the players here are not interested in buying into Legacy because of the price tag. Two of the players on this forum (myself included) have the card base to actually play legacy, and of them only one of them (myself not included) plays regularly.

I also think we're spread out pretty far and West Philadelphia is a bit far to get to for some of us.

As for 8/7, I'm going to try to make it, but I've booked myself with other activities to the brim. Add in the fact that if you don't practice, you probably won't do well at the tournament, and there's another discouraging feature.

In short, it's not you, it's me. Smile
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

[Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th Empty Re: [Philadelphia, PA] Legacy swiss @Redcap's Corner, Sunday August 7th

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 am

i really like Redcap's if i'm in the city. but yea, Slyphidine knows this crew well. not a fan of constructed tournaments.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down