Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond

3 posters

Go down

Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond Empty Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond

Post  Zuty Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 pm

I watched the newest episode of The Magic Show last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOnCUXgkrWk](LINK HERE) which was about rumors for Scars of Mirrodin. I'm going to post some of the rumors and then my opinion on it.

1. Scars of Mirrodin will introduce the color Purple.

Evan went on to say how adding a new color will probably not happen, but what Wiz will do is make it like the Snow mana from Coldsnap. So there will be permanents that add Purple mana to do cool, flavorful things.

2. But why Purple?

Again, I agree with Evan's response to this. Green doesn't have a 'True' enemy color. Black and Blue are Greens 'Enemy Colors', but Black works good with Green (Black is the color of Death, and Green brings Life, but Life and Death work hand in hand) and also with Blue. (Blue is logic and knowledge, which works fine for Green which is all about Growth) So what does Purple bring to the table that will be the TRUE enemy to Green? Technology. (Yes, yes, I know Blue is Technology, but it's such a low tech type that it's not on a LARGE scale) Technology absorbs natures resources to fuel pollution which destroys nature. And Phyrexians are all about getting in there and setting up shop to make more minions.

3. Mirrodin Pure (the second set in the block) and New Phyrexia (the third set in the block) will be released at the same time.

This means a box will contain half Mirrodin Pure and half New Phyrexia. Pretty cool in my opinion, but this is where I think it gets even COOLER. At the prerelease you will pick a 'Faction', either Pure Mirrodin or New Phyrexia, and you will be given only packs from that set and play against the opposing 'faction'. THAT'S AWESOME! This is bringing a WoW TCG twist to Magic and I am loving it. And I don't think it will just be limited to the prerelease, I think there will be a new rule/ability that makes it so you can ONLY have one faction per deck.

It makes sense tho, why would people on Mirrodin be in a deck with Phyrexians who are destroying their world? Okay, sure it's a game, but the flavor is there outside the game, why can't it be there in the game? I think there will be a new ability that will read like this:

ABILITYNAME (Your deck cannot contain OTHERFACTION cards.)

[Hell, they may even put like a little icon on the card somewhere and you can't have opposing faction icons in the same deck]

Think about it for a second. Let it sink in. Do you see what I see? Sure, flavor is there and now it puts a cool new twist to deck building but NOW Wiz can make FUCKING INSANE cards that say combo well with Card A, but make it so Card A can't be in your deck. It's like how mythic was a way to print the rare cards that were just to good.

This is at least what I think, not what may happen.

What does everyone else think? Purple sound cool? What about the way the prerelease will be? or what about my 'Faction' idea?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond Empty Re: Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond

Post  antknee42 Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I can't believe I am replying to this. Purple is an OLD magic joke from back in the days of Inquest magazine, where it was a big April Fool's joke that got everyone all riled up.

-AA

antknee42

Back to top Go down

Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond Empty Re: Rumors About Scars of Mirrodin and Beyond

Post  Zuty Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 pm

antknee42 wrote:I can't believe I am replying to this. Purple is an OLD magic joke from back in the days of Inquest magazine, where it was a big April Fool's joke that got everyone all riled up.

-AA

I understand that and know it's been a joke in the community for a long, long time, but they made snow mana ... How hard can Purple be?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  antknee42 Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:45 pm

I STILL can't believe I'm replying.

I just told you it is the oldest running joke in magic speculation, and yet you still view things like a hopeful child.

MAGIC ISN'T ADDING A COLOR, AND YOU ARE BEING FOOLED BY A TEN+ YEAR OLD JOKE.

That is all.

-AA

antknee42

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:35 pm

antknee42 wrote:I STILL can't believe I'm replying.

I just told you it is the oldest running joke in magic speculation, and yet you still view things like a hopeful child.

MAGIC ISN'T ADDING A COLOR, AND YOU ARE BEING FOOLED BY A TEN+ YEAR OLD JOKE.

That is all.

-AA

Zuty wrote:
Evan went on to say how adding a new color will probably not happen, but what Wiz will do is make it like the Snow mana from Coldsnap. So there will be permanents that add Purple mana to do cool, flavorful things.

No, I don't think I am being fooled. It's a rumor and I think the part about introducing something like the Snow mana from Coldsnap is a possibility. It can end up being Purple, Orange, Pink, or whatever color; nothing wrong with calling it 'Purple' till we get more info. I'm sure Wiz (actually, I KNOW I am right, because I read it somewhere on Wizards offical site) uses Purple mana while testing, then Purple mana becomes this color, doesn't work? Okay, how about this color? Perfect.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  antknee42 Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Are you a real person? Or is this all an act? I've seen some idiotic posts in my life, but most of them are ill-natured. You can somehow combine complete idiocy yet wrap it up in the gentle fibers of naivete.

The problem with calling it 'purple' has already been listed. Also, it makes you sound like a complete and utter moron that you are basically falling for the oldest trick in the book.

Would like some beachfront property in Nebraska, or a bridge? I have a few available; just send all your financial information to my banker in Nigeria, and he will also transfer you a 10Mil USD as bonus for purchasing both. Also, please be sure to send your SSN and email address accounts and passwords, as they may have been compromised and some people want to check them out.

Maybe I am being too harsh...maybe you are, in fact, 8-10 years old and I am going to make you cry. But if you are old enough (16+) to think for yourself, then you really should just chill out on the 'purple' mana talk and just wait to see if they do something akin to snow mana. All the constant blathering about every little new shiny thing about Magic has made me visit these boards less and less over the past year.

I am fine with the role of a$$Hole, so save the name calling.

-AA

antknee42

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 am

I think you need to calm down, I don't even know who you are even ... It's a game and a rumor at that ...

I really don't care about the Purple mana rumor, I am wondering how about 'faction' thing. It sounds like an interesting concept for Magic to take on. If what I said about factions isn't there, I will be fine with it, what's so bad about wondering what future sets hold? Purple mana was tested out for Planar Chaos and the design team disliked where it was headed, but it doesn't mean they can't dig it out and start a new. It's just difficult after all the years to smooth out what Purple would do. Plus, you'd literally thousands upon thousands of cards for each color, but not even 100 Purple cards.

I understand that it was a joke a long time ago, haha very funny blah blah blah, what's wrong with toying the idea that it could exist? I'm probably just poking at this because I am a curious game designer and having 5 colors has been fun for the past bunch of years, but what if ... I always ask myself that question ... What if there was a set with White Elves, Green Goblins, Blue Goblins, Black Merfolk and Red Zombies? or a set themed around Planeswalkers and removing/adding loyalty counters or even Uncommon Planeswalkers, newb Planeswalkers in training, what would they do? or what if there was a card that made all lands produce different mana? (oh wait ... there is) or what if there was a new permanent that allowed you to do a bunch of abilities for free by adding or removing counters? (I guess that would be a Planeswalker ...) or what if we mixed enemy colors and had a theme going on for that in a set? How would UGB work? WRB? UGR? GBW? RWU?

I wonder about these things, because I like to see how it would all work out in the end. And maybe, someday, I will see that the random create-a-card I came up with really got printed or the story I had written for a block comes true.

So I ask you, what's wrong with wondering, hoping, imagining, or discussing the possibility of something new for Magic?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm

eesh. careful, Zuty, you're slowly but surely reaching griefer/troll status.

antknee42, your posts aren't much better. don't goad him, he knows not what he does.

i'd say take your argument here:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=251466

...but even that was shut down for obvious reasons after almost 500 replies.

enough with purple. it's played out and boring at this point.

EDIT: the speculation about the last two sets in Scars block being released parallel IS interesting, and more importantly not retread for 10 years, so feel free to make a new thread about that!
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down