Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?!

3 posters

Go down

New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! Empty New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?!

Post  Zuty Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:50 am

Anyone else see the new thing called 'Emblems'?

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/99a

I think this is a great idea. Epic will now be worded:

Epic (You get an emblem with "You can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.")

Anyway ... For some reason people think this means Poison and even Epic will be back in Scars. Really? I can't see Poison being in Scars, it just ... It seems ... Weird ...

Okay, the few cards that have Poison are mostly Black, much like the Phyrexians, (which I think everyone agrees will be in Scars) but I don't think that means Poison will be back.

It's a new rule to stop confusion over if you activated Elspeth's last ability or for you to remember that Stigma Lasher is stopping someone from gaining life. All things I feel could have been solved with a counter, which an Emblem is ... but it can't be effected by spells that add/remove/or relocate counters.

Of course, how long till we see a card that says 'Destroy all Emblems.'?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! Empty Re: New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?!

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 am

Zuty wrote:Epic will now be worded:

Epic (You get an emblem with "You can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.")

incorrect. the bulletin never says that.

Mark Gottlieb wrote:At that point, there will be one—and only one—card that can create an emblem: Elspeth, Knight-Errant.

if they were going to change Epic, they would have.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! Empty Re: New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?!

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Zuty wrote:Of course, how long till we see a card that says 'Destroy all Emblems.'?

never, because that would functionally change Elspeth. Elspeth was NOT printed with the intention that the ability could ever be removed after it resolves. (as an aside, you can Stifle/Trickbind/Voidslime/et al. the ability when it's on the stack, but barring that, there is no other way.) they would have to revert her to her original wording if emblems could ever be touched. which they can't...

MaGo wrote:They're not permanents, and absolutely nothing can touch them or get rid of them, simply because no cards say that they can.

this is design territory that they are going to utilize VERY VERY sparingly. it's just housecleaning. i wouldn't get in a tizzy over it. it just helps people remember that Elspeth's ultimate doesn't care about timestamp; all permanents of the specified types are indestructible regardless of whether the came into play before or after the ultimate goes off.

Last edited by MidniteEffort on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:
Zuty wrote:Epic will now be worded:

incorrect. the bulletin never says that.

I know the post doesn't say it, but a non-permanent spell like the Epic spell line seems like something that would get this ruling. It's the same thing Elspeth does, for the rest of the game THIS happens, but there is nothing that happens on the card that specifies where or not it is happening. Just because you have Elspeth out with a ton of loyalty counters on it doesn't mean you did it's -8 ability; same goes for a spell with Epic that is in your GY, it doesn't mean that you cast it.

Did Stigma Lasher hit a player? / Did Elspeth make things Indestructible? / Did you cast that Epic spell or just discard it? Cause I don't remember you doing it and I am going to argue because I won't take your word for it. < That is why they are doing this, because people cry, bitch, and complain about something and they call a judge over who really can't resolve it because he wasn't there. Now, they have a marker that enters play to remind everyone, because before if you did that it wasn't a rule.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Zuty wrote:I know the post doesn't say it, but a non-permanent spell like the Epic spell line seems like something that would get this ruling.

something may seem like it should be, but in this case, it just isn't. i'm positive that they considered emblems for Epic spells and Stigma Lasher, but most likely did not feel that they were warranted in this case.

i'd have to agree that it is plausible and probably beneficial for those other cards to utilize emblems, but if they didn't do it this time, they probably won't.

i'd say wait and see. i'm sure if they print another planeswalker that creates an emblem (which was heavily hinted at), they might reevaluate them. but they didn't, and haven't, and ergo it is pointless to speculate at this point.

MaGo wrote:Does this mean there will be more emblem-creating planeswalkers in the future? Wait and see ....

i'm just going to wait until the next rules update in 3 months' time.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Del Laugel on Twitter wrote:Um . . . The Oracle team has obviously passed on rewording <insert non-Elspeth card> to use emblems. Thx.
4:20 PM Jul 14th via web
Retweeted by mtgaaron

as you can see, this has been addressed.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:
Del Laugel on Twitter wrote:Um . . . The Oracle team has obviously passed on rewording to use emblems. Thx.
4:20 PM Jul 14th via web
Retweeted by mtgaaron

as you can see, this has been addressed.

Who's that?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:52 pm

MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:Head Magic Editor. she's a rules manager at Wizards, and she has control of Oracle.

New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! GirlsPlayMagic

All I gotta say ...

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Zuty, if you think THAT blows your mind...

There is a suicide girls model named Morrigan that plays magic and isn't a scrub either.
There is another, who even lives here in Philly, named Squeak.

Even if you aren't a member of www.suicidegirls.com i'm pretty sure you can still go to the site's main page and search those 2 girl's names and THEN, my friend, you can imagine your head exploding.
Laughing

(And if that doesn't work ill post semi-NSFW pics for you because you really do need to see how hot "Morrigan the magic player" is Twisted Evil )

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm

intrinsic wrote:Zuty, if you think THAT blows your mind...

There is a suicide girls model named Morrigan that plays magic and isn't a scrub either.
There is another, who even lives here in Philly, named Squeak.

New Rule Speculates New Poison Cards ?! ScannersExplodingHead

~Zuty

EDIT: Squeak was at Comiccon WizWorld. She was the one that was 'too good for the line' and cut in front of everyone.
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 pm

HAHAHAHAHA

I didnt say she was nice, but she does strip at Daydream's if you want to go gawk at her sans clothing hanging upsidedown from a pole.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm

intrinsic wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

I didnt say she was nice, but she does strip at Daydream's if you want to go gawk at her sans clothing hanging upsidedown from a pole.

Oh, I didn't mean it anyway saying she was not nice, but I remember seeing her there with all that ... hair ... *cringe*

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down