Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time)

+2
intrinsic
Slyphidine
6 posters

Go down

8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) Empty 8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time)

Post  Slyphidine Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 am

Format for next week is Extended Peasant Multiplayer.

Find rules here.

Basically, 60 card minimum decks in which all but 5 cards must be common, and those last 5 may be uncommon. When choosing cards that were printed multiple times, you go with the most common commonality (ie, if a card was printed both as a common and a rare, it counts as a common in Peasant Magic). There is a banned list on the page above, though I doubt any of us were planning on playing with a playset of Mana Drain or Library of Alexandria anyway (especially because it's not extended legal).

This time I'll actually build it.

Oh, and a disclaimer that if James can come and bring his uncommon cube, I vote we push the Peasant decks back one more week.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) Empty Re: 8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time)

Post  intrinsic Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm

count me out at the moment, but im looking forward to running my cube in the near future +70 new foiles since you last saw it.
Very Happy

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time) Empty Re: 8/5 - Peasant Multiplayer (for real this time)

Post  Slyphidine Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:18 pm

You're always welcome, James.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Built mine... sucks, but it's done.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Mine's been built. I just need to look through it, see if I need to/can make it more multiplayery.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:30 am

the Peasant format is all about taking strategies you learn in draft, and amplifying them. it's hard to base a deck on non-splashy effects, therefore i went for consistency and recursion. i'll be running an Alara block Esper deck with all of the crap that you hoped for in ACR draft.

see you tonight. might be a little ... out of it.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:46 pm

My deck is done and ready to go. Also, I will be picking up Brandon, John O, and Steve tonight. Ill pick up Brandon and John O at 6 pm, then swing over to Steve's. If anyone is gonna be late, give me a call and Ill change plans. See you guys tonight.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

6pm is pushing it. and you won't have to swing by my house; i'll be at John O's.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 pm

just give me a call and let me know when u guys are ready. Ill pick u up then.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:57 pm

I'll be ready to go whenever everyone else is. Just need to know when that'll be

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 pm

I won't be coming tonight, sorry. I feel a bit bad I keep missing all these Wednesday night hang-outs, it's just a bit hard for me to make it to Dan's during the end of rush-hour due to the state of 76 at that time of night. I'll aim to be there next week if I can get out of work early.

Anyone up for something on Sunday?

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Aw, Jim, sorry, I'm out of town next week, but you're always welcome (besides next week). I know shortcuts from 76, so we can find a way (would be nice to get 6 also).

Ok, ridiculous games tonight, and not really ridiculous in the usual good way. I think we all counted on everyone else having mass removal (Pyroclasm, Firespout, Fallout), and instead concentrated on gaining life. That would explain why John O was at around 250 in the second game, with everyone except Steve well above 30. The spot removal was basically worthless.

My favorite play of the game was getting to play Hallow against Windstorm, but really, I was hoping to play it against Fallout. Mostly, it sat useless in my hand like a wet flatulent blob.

Thanks for the extra game, Brandon. Can you post the name of it; I know some people who would like it. Also post your want list in the trade section.

Hope to see some of you on Friday at AU. Hope I can make it.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:34 pm

You're welcome. The game was Tsuro. It was made by Wizkids Games, but with them currently closed down, it may be a little difficult to get right now. Best shot might be either eBay or an online store that stocks a variety of board games. Some other company is supposed to have bought the rights to produce either that or Oshi, I can't remember which. I'll have to look it up.
I saw it sitting my shelf and figured I'd bring it tonight, since I had expected there to be some downtime for atleast some of us during the course of those games. Didn't quite work out that way, but atleast we had a chance to play it. I can always bring it with me again sometime, if anyone wants. Alternatively, I could bring Settlers of Catan sometime, but that one takes some time.

I think the problem with mass removal in Peasant is that it's pretty much all uncommon, unless there's something I'm forgetting. And with so few uncommon slots, it's a rather tough choice between the mass removal (which will likely only kill some of what's in play rather than all) and all the other possible choices.

EDIT: I did some checking, and it was indeed Tsuro that was sold. It's going to be released again by Calliope Games. According to the website, it's due out again in October.
EDIT again: I was looking around at CoolStuffInc and noticed they have some copies in stock. I'd have thought they'd have run out by now.

Last edited by Uniclonus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Quick update)

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:04 am

Well, that was a fun night. I actually liked everyones deck, they all had a plan. I was really worried about Steve's deck when he posted esper online, but I think he just got off to too slow a start. Dan, you had rediculous start both games, really suprised you didnt win. I also liked my deck a lot, it did exactly what it was supposed to, I just assumed there would be more mass removal. According to the rules listed in Dans first post, skullclamp should be legal. It is not banned in the format and is still in the extended cardpool. Thats why I had it in there. I also didnt realize that I could still deck myself with the conjurors baubles. Thought I was immune. Anyway, fun night, and cant wait to see this $20 or less format.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down