Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events?

+3
MidniteEffort
Slyphidine
intrinsic
7 posters

Go down

How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? Empty How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events?

Post  intrinsic Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:12 am

Share your results, ill share mine later.

Surprise cards?
Duds?
Thrilling victories?
Play mistakes?

discuss!

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? Empty Re: How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events?

Post  Slyphidine Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 am

Leyline of Anticipation was a blast when it saw play. Those games, I felt like I was playing something other than magic. After you attack, cast Water Servant to block your guy, swing next turn for 6... EOT, Lava Axe you.

My curve was too high, but I did get blown out by some crazy decks.

Round 2, game 2, after losing the first game to Serra Angel and Baneslayer, he once again gets a Baneslayer out turn 5. I take it with Mind Control, and he follows up next turn with... Back to Nature... despite having seen no enchantments game 1. It was in his main deck. Later he shows me he has Solemn Offering main deck as well. I want to ask why he has two potentially dead cards after seeing no targets game one, but I know the answer: "because it beat you."

I lost round 3 to a deck packing 2 preordain, 2 mana leak, 2 cancel, mind control, and lots of other goodies. I never got to play my Fire Servant - burn package combo.

On the other hand, I picked up a steadily-increasing-in-price-for-some-reason Primordeal Titan for waaay cheap.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events? Empty Re: How did everyone do in their M11 sealed events?

Post  MidniteEffort Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:39 am

first place!

i had an ok red-blue deck with almost no removal but three sick bombs:

Magma Phoenix
Inferno Titan
Frost Titan

notes:
Mana Leak is awesome, but for everyone but me: stay the hell out of blue in draft.
Mind Control is still great. kind of a bomb.

weirdly enough, in four rounds of sanctioned play, i only lost one game. then afterward, i sat down with Dan, who i think scrubbed out, and he beat me twice. Magic is weird.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 am

I saw only one titan from you, and it was the shitty one. Had you gotten all of your bombs, and had I not drawn my 2 early tempo guys, they would have been quite different.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:17 am

haha, shoulda coulda woulda. you won, fair and square.

i'm glad you had fun with the blue Leyline. i cannot believe you almost left it out. that would have been auto-include whether i was playing blue or not. i love it. Big Deck, tonight.

MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:00 pm

My deck had a lot of removal (2 Doom Blades, 2 Chandra's Outrage, 1 Assassinate, and a Pyroclasm) but I got blown out of the water round 1 by a ton of Mythics/bombs (Grave Titan, Baneslayer, Nantuko Shade, etc). I won round 2 handily but lost a close round 3 against a WU Skies deck with multiple copies of Air Servant, Blinding Mage, and other goodies.

Overall not too hot of a day for me.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Dan, solemn offering MD in this format is almost a must IMO, while back to nature is just stupid MD. I played any artifact removal i had, including Demolish, which doubles as mana screw for people playing 3 colors in a format with VERY little fixing.

Sword of Vengeance, Warlord's Axe, Whispersilk cloak, JUGGERNAUT, Gargoyle sentinel, Crystal Ball, the Leylines, Mind Control, Shiv's embrace, Ice Cage, Pacifism, Armored Ascension... All must kills in this format.

I played twice, going 2-1-1 at Redcap's and 3-1 at Alt U.
At redcaps, i played WBr splashing bolt, fireball, and fling.
At Alt U i played WRG with bolt, double fireball, red tim, and act of treason.

At Redcaps, i won game in turns, turn 5 actually, against that tall skinny judge with the goofy voice. His name is dimah or something like that. I had Serra with Warlord's axe on her ready to deal lethal damage and i tapped his flying blocker with Stabbing Pain, it was awesome.

My personal dark horse MVP of both days was http://www.magiccards.info/m11/en/206.html
Awesome card, especially that it reshuffles. After turn 10 or so, you resupply your deck with whatever removal you've cast along with key creatures they have removed and you net 5 life. Pure awesome, for me atleast, it worked very very well.
It also combos with this card quite nicely http://www.magiccards.info/m11/en/144.html
Hahaha, that combo made me chuckle.

Im looking forward to more M11.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 pm

hey sorry this took so long to post.

I was planning on going to west chester saturday and got 10 minutes from my house when my car stalled out. I had it towed to the mechanic but it took about an hour and a half. It wasnt worth driving to west chester at this point so I ended up going to blue bell. I opened a very mediocre pool with my best card a conundrum sphinx. I went green/white because it had 2 blinding mage, 1 pacifism, and some deathtouchers in green. The plan of the deck was to play a land every turn and just drop big green and white creatures until the opponent died. I ran 18 lands and got mana screwed almost every match and ended up 2-2. It was very frustrating.

Sunday i went back to blue bell opened an amazing blue/white pool with akroma's sword, and just crushed my opponents. I did get mana screwed in a game 3 and ended up 3-1 overall and won 4 packs. I also bought another 4 packs from a friend. I ended up opening 21 packs and got 2 glacial fortresses, 1 dragonskull summit, 1 dark tutelage, and 1 leyline of the void. I opened zero mythics all weekend. The dragonskull summit, 1 glacial fortress, dark tutelage, and leyline of the void were all opened in the 4 packs I bought. Every other rare was crap.

I really didnt have much fun with this set. Sunday my deck just built itself and was overwhelmingly powerful, and Saturday was super frustrating all day.

I did go to Dan's Salon Party though, and had an awesome time there. Thanks for making my weekend Dan!!!

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 am

Glad you and Jim made it, John. For those who didn't, this was probably the highlight of the evening:

http://www.uofr.net/~snooky/track/closer/

Sword of Vengeance is such a beating. I lost to it after forgetting that whole "haste" thing. Truthfully, the ability that makes it most abusive, in my opinion, is vigilance. So you get to run into me with first strike and trample, and then sit back and defend next turn? Unfair!
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:16 am

In 16 packs (6 for sealed sat, 6 for sealed sunday, then 4 prize packs) i opened 3 blue Leylines, 1 foil black leyline, 1 white leyline, and 1 green leyline. Thats a little crazy.
Also opened Jace1. not much else.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:43 am

heh, I actually want the blue leylines. That is the card I am most looking forward to.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I wish I'd been able to make it to a prerelease last weekend. Oh well.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:30 am

Slyphidine wrote:
Sword of Vengeance is such a beating. I lost to it after forgetting that whole "haste" thing. Truthfully, the ability that makes it most abusive, in my opinion, is vigilance. So you get to run into me with first strike and trample, and then sit back and defend next turn? Unfair!

SCREW THE RULES! I have Akroma's blade!

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:46 am

intrinsic wrote:Sword of Vengeance, Warlord's Axe, Whispersilk cloak, JUGGERNAUT, Gargoyle sentinel, Crystal Ball, the Leylines, Mind Control, Shiv's embrace, Ice Cage, Pacifism, Armored Ascension... All must kills in this format.

how about a Juggernaut equipped with a Whispersilk Cloak? that is how i suffered my only sanctioned loss. SERIOUSLY a problem.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down