Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Random Combos EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Random Combos EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Random Combos EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Random Combos EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Random Combos EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Random Combos EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Random Combos EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Random Combos EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Random Combos EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Random Combos

+2
Slyphidine
Zuty
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Random Combos Empty Random Combos

Post  Zuty Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Whenever I am on Magiccards.info I hit the random button a few hundred times and looking at all these cards has really made me think about cards working together. I wasn't huge on combos when I originally played, in fact I didn't have a play style, I just wanted to have fun and I played any color or deck theme. So going through all these cards have really made me delve deeper to find interesting combos, but I rarely see people I know who play Magic and most of these combos IDK if they would even work, so I am posting them here to just say "Hey, look what I found. Now does it work?"

Wake Thrasher + Basalt Monolith = Infinite P/T Creature

Tap the Basalt for 3, then pay 3 to untap it, Wake gets +1/+1. Repeat.

Wall of Shards + Rain of Gore = No Draw Back 1/8 Flying Wall for 2

Going to try to get this working in my big deck. Wall of Shards cumulative upkeep becomes "Target player loses life equal to the number of age counters on Wall of Shards"

Angelic Protector + Nomads en-Kor + About Face = Infinite T that can be swapped to P

Target the Angel with the Nomads ability an infinite amount of times then play About Face to swap it.

Power Artifact + Basalt Monolith = Infinite Colorless Mana

Have a Mycosynth Lattice in play and its infinite mana for anything with two cards. This works right? If not Basalt + Heartstone + March of the Machines works too.

That's it for now. What do you guys think?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Random Combos Empty Re: Random Combos

Post  Slyphidine Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 am

Your Wall of Shards/Rain of Gore combo doesn't work. Rain of Gore reads "If a spell or ability would cause its controller to gain life, that player loses that much life instead." Your opponent doesn't control the ability. Maybe you could try a False Cure on an Isochron Scepter instead.

Your other combos seem to work, though. I'm curious as to how a big deck filled with 2 card combos works as opposed to what we do, which is more synergies.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Aww ... That's a shame on the Gore/Shard one. I have seen False Cure on a stick before and that works too. I'll just replace the Gore with a Sulfuric Vortex.

Well, what I may do for a big deck is have it so it runs stuff like Rackling, Mask of Intolerance, Copper Tablet, Barbed Wire, Storm World, Lavaborn Muse and her little puppy, Bulwark, Iron Maiden, Ebony Owl Netsuke, and Black Vise. Most of which are dirt cheap. My thinking is, taking 1-3 damage a turn is annoying enough, but a deck centered around that means multiple damage per turn. I need another thing to back me up on that, so I was thinking of using Rain of Gore with Skyshroud Cutter, Healing Leaves, and Heroes' Reunion, but I stopped reading Rain of Gore and didn't see that they opponent has to control the source. So False Cure on a stick (although, I would prefer it on a big stick) looks like the only route to do that. I'd also run stuff like Ageless Entity, Cradle of Vitality, or Sanguine Bond.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Wow, you like making friends, huh? You may want to lay down a pretty hefty defence before you try that.

Hey, add in Subversion too!
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Slyphidine wrote:Wow, you like making friends, huh? You may want to lay down a pretty hefty defense before you try that.

Hey, add in Subversion too!

xD What do you mean by me making friends?

Subversion looks good ... I am also thinking of tossing in a Furnace of Rath so that my stuff does double now. When it comes to Magic, my motto is that of Flaring Pain. I'll burn you down fast, but if I can find a way to do it faster I will; even if that way hurts me or has the potential to.

As for defense, I was going to run some hefty walls and if I come across a Doran, the Siege Tower I would run that too.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Sorry, sarcasm... I was just commenting that if you have a bunch of permanents that ping everybody slowly each turn, we'll probably come gunning for you.

Rule Number One: low profile.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redxxii Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:25 pm

I am so putting Fracturing Gust into my Big-Deck.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Slyphidine wrote:Sorry, sarcasm... I was just commenting that if you have a bunch of permanents that ping everybody slowly each turn, we'll probably come gunning for you.

Rule Number One: low profile.

xD True ... I wouldn't blame any of you for doing that, I'd do the same to me.

Right now I am going through all my stuff and just putting it aside for a very crappy big deck that I will use and slowly update when I get money.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Here are some more:

Well-Laid Plans + Painter's Servant = Creature take no damage from other creatures

Rather simple really. You can use Dream Halls to get free spells going too, but then anyone can do that, not just you. Mourner's Shield prevents damage from anything incoming. Thought Prison means 2 damage whenever a player casts a spell.

Flash + Protean Hulk + Disciple of the Vault + Shifting Wall and Phyrexian Marauder = Win

You can even do this on turn one before your opponent goes if you have a Elvish/Simian Spirit Guide and a Gemstone Cavern in your hand. Since you start with Gemstone, you play it and discard a card, then exile either Spirit Guide to have a R or G mana and a U from the Gemstone. Play Flash for Protean Hulk, but don't pay the cost for Flash so the Hulk dies. Grab 4 Disciples from your deck and 4 Shifting Walls and Phyrexian Marauders. The Marauders and Walls die and each Disciple deals 8 damage to your opponent, a total of 32 damage.

~Zuty

Last edited by Zuty on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that Djinn Illuminatus/Rite of Flame idea won't work. Replicate lets you spend mana to copy a spell when you cast it, so by the time any of those copies could resolve, you're past the point where you could pay the Replicate cost. And since the copies from Replicate aren't cast, they won't gain Replicate off the Illuminatus.

Something that would work would be Izzet Guildmage, Lava Spike, and Desperate Ritual.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Enduring Renewal + Wild Cantor + Soul Warden = Infinite Life

Sac Cantor to get 1 R or G mana, get Cantor back because of Renewal, Play Cantor with the R or G floating, Warden goes of and you gain 1. You can also do this an infinite amount of times and then cast a card with Storm.

Goblin Bombardment + Enduring Renewal + Zero Drop Creature = Infinite Damage

Drop the zero drop, sac to Goblin Bombardment, get back with Enduring Renewal. Repeat. Again, you can cast a spell with Storm and get that going a bunch.

Altar of Dementia + Enduring Renewal + Cathodion = Infinite Mill

Sac Cathodion to Altar, mill top 3, Enduring brings back Cath to hand, cast Cath with the 3 from when it died. Repeat.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Uniclonus wrote:I'm pretty sure that Djinn Illuminatus/Rite of Flame idea won't work. Replicate lets you spend mana to copy a spell when you cast it, so by the time any of those copies could resolve, you're past the point where you could pay the Replicate cost. And since the copies from Replicate aren't cast, they won't gain Replicate off the Illuminatus.

Something that would work would be Izzet Guildmage, Lava Spike, and Desperate Ritual.

Ah that is true ... Edited. I think I was thinking of the Guildmage with Rite of Flame and thought "Djinn does it for free basically".

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Kind of an odd one .... but here goes ....

Haakon, Stromgald Scourge + Ornithopter + Ashes of the Fallen + Ashnod's Altar + Bitter Ordeal + Minion Reflector + Door of Destinies = Lol What?

Ashes of the Fallen makes all creatures in your GY Knights.
Haakon lets you play Knights from your GY.
Ornithopter is free.
Ashnod's Altar lets you sac a creature to add 2 to your mana pool.
Minion Reflector lets you get a token copy of a creature you play for 2. (which you get from Ashnod)
Door of Destinies gives a creature (in this case Thopter) +1/+1 for each charge counter on it and you get 1 charge counter when you play a creature spell of that type.
Bitter Ordeal exiles a card from an opponents deck and copies itself for each card put into the GY. (Reverse Storm)

Basically you ...

-Exile infinite cards
-Put infinite charge counters on Door of Destinies, giving Thopter creatures +1/+1 * infinite
-Get infinite 0/2 tokens with flying

Very, very random and out there I know. But it works in more then one way.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 am

Illusions of Grandeur + Donate + Demystify = Gain 20, Deal 20 for 8 mana

Plays Illusions and Donate it to an opponent; then pop the Illusion with Demystify or a cheap Enchant remover.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 pm

In addition to the Flash/Hulk combo you can also grab...

-4 Hissing Iguanar (Dealing 4 damage per creature that dies ontop of the 4 that all the Disciples do)
-4 Arcbound Wanderer
-4 Etched Oracle
-4 Skyreach Manta
-4 Suntouched Myr
-4 Spinal Parasite (-1/-1, so I assume it dies when it hits the field with no counters)

This ups the damage from 32 to (7*4=28 creatures)*(1*8=8 damage from Iguanar/Disciple) 224. And since you can chose what player takes the damage, that means you could take out 11 players (224/20=11.2) at once BEFORE anyone draws a card.

~Zuty

EDITED: Added Spinal Parasite.
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Krark-Clan Ironworks + Ornithopter + Enduring Renewal = Infinite Colorless Mana

Sac the Thopter to Ironworks and it bounces back because of Renewal. Shove it all into a cannon and watch it blow.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 am

Another very ... very random one ... Been meaning to find a good use for Umbral Mantle ...

Umbral Mantle + Karn, Silver Golem + Basalt Monolith = Infinite/Infinite Artifact Creature

Make the Basalt Mon a 3/3 creature and slap the Mantle on it. Tap Basalt to add 3, pay 3 and untap the Basalt to give it +2/+2. Repeat as much as you see fit.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 am

Zuty wrote:Another very ... very random one ... Been meaning to find a good use for Umbral Mantle ...

Umbral Mantle + Karn, Silver Golem + Basalt Monolith = Infinite/Infinite Artifact Creature

Make the Basalt Mon a 3/3 creature and slap the Mantle on it. Tap Basalt to add 3, pay 3 and untap the Basalt to give it +2/+2. Repeat as much as you see fit.

~Zuty

there are less cards involved if you use Elvish Aberration.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:there are less cards involved if you use Elvish Aberration.

:O Oh, that is very true. Would just be Elvish Aberration and the Mantle xD

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:26 pm

this is an interesting idea. make sure you have a lot of tutoring (and don't annoy us with it).
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:this is an interesting idea. make sure you have a lot of tutoring (and don't annoy us with it).

Huh?

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:39 pm

making your big deck out of little combos. lots of tutoring!

Transmute stuff
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Tutor, etc.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 pm

MidniteEffort wrote:making your big deck out of little combos. lots of tutoring!

Transmute stuff
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Tutor, etc.

Ah, sorry I had no idea what you were talking about before.

I have been putting tutor abilities that I own aside, but my first big deck is really going to be just a pile of shit which I will slowly update. IDK if I want it to work off all these little combos (I'd like to) or just run with a theme. I am leaning towards a big beatstick deck with high power, converted mana cost creatures and quick ways of getting them on the table while having cheap walls to throw while I get set up.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Another weird one. I thought of this before, but thought it wouldn't work; I now know it does.

Goblin Sharpshooter + Sprouting Phytohydra + Basilisk Collar = Infinite Life

Slap the collar on the Goblin and ping the Phytohydra for 1, killing it and making a token and gaining you 1 life. Ping the token, repeat.

Slap Blessing of Leeches on Sprouting Phytohydra and you can have infinite tokens which you can use for various things, like sacing them to Ashnod's Altar for 2 mana each or Phyrexian Altar for C each and feeding it into Goblin Cannon or playing something big. Or maybe through the tokens into a Blasting Station for infinite damage. Or maybe feeding them to a Devourer.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuty Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:07 am

Just a quicky ...

Panoptic Mirror + Time Walk = Never Let Opponent Go

Pretty simple. Imprint Time Walk on the mirror and then during your next turn (or if you can't wait use Time Stop to end their turn, if you wanna be sure they end their turn Time Stop and Angel's Grace to avoid counters or other reactions to the Time Stop, I am pretty sure you can do that ... If not, forget that I mentioned it) the Time Walk goes off from the mirror and you get an extra turn. During your extra turn you have another Upkeep, which means the mirror can go off again giving you another turn. And so on and so on.

~Zuty
Zuty
Zuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next