Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer

Go down

Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer Empty Necrotic Ooze - Triskelion - Phyrexian Devourer

Post  Slyphidine Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:11 pm

John, Jim, and I were questioning how this works, when if you flip something over 3 cmc, he dies instantly. For reference, here is the Oracle text of Phyrexian Devourer:

Phyrexian Devourer
Artifact Creature - Construct 1/1, 6

When Phyrexian Devourer's power is 7 or greater, sacrifice it.

Exile the top card of your library: Put X +1/+1 counters on Phyrexian Devourer, where X is the exiled card's converted mana cost. If Phyrexian Devourer's power is 7 or greater, sacrifice it.

Notice that the clause "If Phyrexian Devourer's power is 7 or greater, sacrifice it" is part of the activated ability, so once it resolves and makes him bigger than 7, he blows up before you can do anything.

In Cranial Insertion today from mtgsalvation.com, they talk about how to do this successfully. The trick is that exiling the card is the cost of the activated ability, and it is exiled face-up. That means you can activate it, see what the card is, and if it would kill your guy, respond by activating it again, until you get a card of cmc 2 or less.

Spoiler:

Now, as I want to use this to ping everyone to death in my combo big deck, the question becomes "do I have enough 1 and 2 cmc cards to deal a total of 40-80 damage?" Probably not. I suppose I'll have to Serendib Sorcerer or Sorceress Queen. Then you're all dead!
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down