Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO

4 posters

Go down

UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO Empty UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO

Post  intrinsic Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm

So what sucks about even mentioning running white in a standard deck is BS Angel is a must/auto include, but they just arent fucking affordable and who the hell trades you them? Then Jace is now pushing $40+ so Standard just isnt for me i think, haha.

However, i still want to share my idea and i still plan to play Grixis Control as i have most of the components now.

It seems like, with all the targeted removal out there, that running ALL the shroud creatures, who are all pretty useful and curvy, is a solid idea.
So...
4 Deft Duelist
3-4 Calcite Snapper
3-4 Wall of Denial
4 BSA ideally
3 Sphinx of Jwar Isle

of course 4 Paths along with possibly a Journey/O'ring mix as well as some and side DOJ for weenie decks that over extend.
You fill the deck out with counter/bounce, card draw and likely Jace2.

Looking at this build, shouldn't this deck be able to hold its own against the current top competitive decks?
I just see the current meta full of quick weenie decks that would have a real problem with 2/1 first strike shroud along with 1/4 shroud and 0/8 flying shroud handles the big flying dudes until you can trade with your own beefy dudes or draw the removal you need.

Does it need a splash of R for more removal? Earthquake seems good with only your Duelists being at risk and then maybe Banefire is an alt finisher?

What deck would give this deck problems?
WW: most of the creatures trade with Duelist early but cant get past Snapper or the Wall easy. They have to DoJ Sphinx and you can counter their attempts to remove BSA.

Grixis: cant target shit, they have to rely on Earthquake and creature counters and getting to seven mana but you have counters also.

Vamp: has Gatekeeper, Bloodwitch, and possibly the Nighthawk's deathtouch as issues.

RDW: Nearly the entire deck dies to Duelist!

Jund: They cant Pulse, Blast, or Terminate you or your creatures, leaving only Bolt and Blightning to worry about. Jund w/ Leech is definitely tougher for this deck vs Jund w/out the Leech. It seems like the Leech version of Jund was on the decline but i'm sure Snapper alone is going to cause Jund players to reconsider Leech all over again. But Leeches meet your removal anyway. Snapper blocks Thrinax and Stag, and Duelist handles BBE and SGC. Wall of Denial,BSA and Sphinx handle Broodmates. Master of the Wild Hunt's tap ability is useless, you just need to keep his wolf count low.

Meh, just seems pretty solid to me and i wanted to put it out there.

Tell me why i am wrong.

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO Empty Re: UW Shroud Tier 1 IMO

Post  redxxii Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:42 pm

A solid idea. I actually just posted my idea for a UW fish deck on the forums today, and I'm planning on running a couple MD Duelists, and Snapper was another possible inclusion me and John W. were throwing around.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 am

what is BSA?
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Bizzle Slizzle Angizzle

Basilisk Collar looks like it can foil this deck, as it turns every creature trade into a favorable one (as long as it can deal with the first strike of the duelist). It is actually seeing some play too.

I say proxy it up and try it out. See where the cracks in the armor are.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  intrinsic Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Slyphidine wrote:Bizzle Slizzle Angizzle

Basilisk Collar looks like it can foil this deck, as it turns every creature trade into a favorable one (as long as it can deal with the first strike of the duelist). It is actually seeing some play too.

I say proxy it up and try it out. See where the cracks in the armor are.

main deck answers to the collar could/would be counterspell, into the roil, and o-ring and SB answers im sure would be available also (pithing needle amongst others)

intrinsic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum