Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Cube 7/15/09 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Cube 7/15/09

4 posters

Go down

Cube 7/15/09 Empty Cube 7/15/09

Post  MidniteEffort Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 am

multiplayer Cube from my vantage point last night at Dan's went like this:

i had a consistent but lacking-on-power UB deck. everyone else was effectively five-color, although Dan had mostly UBG. i get a fifth turn Body Double copying Avatar of Woe and thought i'd sit on it, controlling problems. well, i didn't even get the chance, because then Brandon played Rare-B-Gone knocking out it, and the lion's share of EVERYBODY'S hand. i wouldn't have been so disappointed, but i watched my Time Spiral hit its oblivion in the grumper. so much for me not decking out (it eventually happened).

late game i was allowed to go ultimate with Liliana, and had lots of fun being overwhelmed by 30 creatures in play. i used Nezumi Graverobber to great effect, then sacrificed some crap to Plaguelord to eliminate so threats. i wish i could have taken out Brandon; Soul Foundry imprinting Witness with a Doubling Season is the tits. i did end up shutting down Dan's Volrath's Stronghold for the most part though.

i left the stuff you guys did to explain yourself lol.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Cube 7/15/09 Empty Re: Cube 7/15/09

Post  Slyphidine Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 am

I just remember losing a lot.

I was UGb with some big beaters and an engine in the form of Survival of the Fittest/Volrath's Stronghold with Crystal Shard. Add to that some goodies like Venser, Baloth, and Sower, and it had some nice potential that never seemed to realize. Though, before Pestilence ate my board, I did have some utter sickness out there (Imperiosaur, Spiritmonger, Garruk, 2 beast tokens, top) to John's Sundering Titan with Lightning Greaves.

Gifts Given did, however rape me, as did Soul Foundry with Eternal Witness and Doubling Season out.
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am

oh yea, the only reason they let me go all Liliana on their asses was because i would draw out before i could attack with anything.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniclonus Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:32 pm

What about the mishmosh of stuff that happened with that Kokusho?
Steve attacked with it, Dan Disked, I try Snakeforming the dragon. Steve activates a Kagemaro to kill it before the Snakeform resolves. I pitch a Putrify to Bounty of the Hunt the Kokusho to let it survive the maro-shrinking. All that just to keep myself alive.

Anyway, my deck ended up being a 5 color heap of stuff since I picked up the Doubling Season early and someone finally needed to use it. Had Sarkan, Deranged Hermit, Broodmate Dragon, Soul Foundy, Witness, Trike, Followed Footsteps. Really went for the tokens. Took forever to actually do anything aside from annoy everyone (and to think, I took the Rare-b-Gone to keep other people from messing things up by using it. So much for that working) and survive out of pity.

Uniclonus

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:29 am

I went wrath and geddon-tastic with my deck. I started out red, then got passed some white cards, and sundering titan. Then I got 3d pick tinker in pack 2. I grabbed up tons of signets that let me splash any cards I wanted to. I got a crucible of worlds in pack 3 but never ended up even seeing it. I also never saw my demonic tutor. My win conditions were sundering titan with lightning greaves, beacon of destruction, chandra nalaar, and the enchantment that lets me take creatures from graves to play. Game 1 I geddoned early with chandra in play, but she was dealt with before I could win, then I had to jokulhaups a few turns later because I would have been killed. That set me back for a long time, but I was such a non threat that everyone left me alone. I almost won that game at 2 life but a triskelion killed me before I gained life from form of the dragon.

Game 2 I locked everyone out with turn 4 sundering titan and then the enchantment that brought creatures into play from a graveyard. Titan was killed, I played the enchantment, got back titan, then momentary blinked it twice. Everyone scooped and that was the end of cube for the nite.

I did warn everyone that my deck would be really stupid and I was the main target.

The night was a lot of fun, thanks a lot Dan.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down