Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 254 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
Latest topics
» EDH Regular casual Game
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am by rock.strongbow

» Places to play EDH in Philly
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 am by rock.strongbow

» Looking to get into Magic
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm by Bigc215

» So when can I play someone?
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Big Deck Poll 5: Limited Resources?

4 posters

Go down

Should Limited Resources be banned?

Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Vote_lcap75%Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Vote_lcap25%Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Empty Big Deck Poll 5: Limited Resources?

Post  MidniteEffort Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:13 am

this time, read the question!

should Limited Resources be banned?

Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? 10

i'm voting yes. it just doesn't seem fun.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Empty Re: Big Deck Poll 5: Limited Resources?

Post  redxxii Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm voting to ban as well. As noted, this card is incredibly powerful and completely un-fun. In multi-player this would completely stall the board and wreck the game state.

I suggested this card be banned after seeing it was on several banned list, including EDH and a couple of multi-player formats.

redxxii

http://www.mercurialdesign.net

Back to top Go down

Big Deck Poll 5:  Limited Resources? Empty Re: Big Deck Poll 5: Limited Resources?

Post  Slyphidine Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Agreed!
Slyphidine
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm

No one has used it and it has never been a problem in a single game of magic I have played in the past 3 years. It should not be banned.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 pm

lol @ copypasta!

John, we do understand your concerns, however, rather than waste time slogging through an unnaturally terrifying game state with these types of cards, even once, it's better to err on the side of caution and take them out. you must see the boredom that will result from some of these cards, and fun is our main concern.

think about this card. with 5 people playing, there will be 10 lands by turn two. if someone were to be cheeky and play this turn two or something, nothing over two mana could be played, and no lands either, so i'd say 90% of decks would be nullified. moreover, if one were to capitalize on using this card to create that very situation, well, that just wouldn't be very fun at all. even if it hit the battlefield after everyone had more than five lands, there would be color- and mana-screw that would bog down the game until someone drew an Orim's Thunder to take the damn thing out.
MidniteEffort
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I do understand how the card works, and what exactly it would do to the gamestate. I just do not believe that cards should be banned before they become a problem. If a really powerful and broken card is played in one of our games, and it dominates the game, it is an easy fix. Everyone scoops, and we all ban that card for the rest of the night. Then, we come back onto the forums, write up a poll, and ban the card.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down