» So when can I play someone?
Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm by nick.martin.144734

» Legacy Needs
Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm by Bigc215

» James's No Rare Cube
Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 am by intrinsic

» Yavimaya Hollow
Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am by idTAPthat

» Alumni of "MtG Sunday" Comic Book Theater on Passyunk Ave.
Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 am by idTAPthat

» Ravnica foils needed - have dual lands and more to trade
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am by PatrickR

Pack to Power

Go down

Pack to Power

Post  MidniteEffort on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm

this guy is trying to trade up for cards from one pack he bought to Power 9.

http://www.mananation.com/pack-power-beginning/

he's doing well, he just got a Grim Tutor!

http://www.mananation.com/pack-power-trades-52-58/

Steve.
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Re: Pack to Power

Post  dark burn on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I traded with him at the starcity 5k. I got my grim tutor off of him there and made about 100 bucks off him at the same time. He is a really nice guy who was easy to trade with. The one thing he is doing wrong is going by the sell prices of the cards instead of the dealers buy prices.

In his trade for the grim, the grim's buy price is about $60 because of condition. The survivals are $16 each, fauna will be $10 each in a few weeks, disks are $5 each, foil rits are $9 each, and the foil leylines are $9-10 total. That's $60 for $84. He lost $24 on the trade.

He would be able to get a mox much faster if he trades at buy prices and just sells his cards every month.

His trade technique is pretty good though. It's mostly just about having more information than the other person. He has also built up a reputation as a trader so that snowballs into getting more and better trades

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  MidniteEffort on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 pm

i'd say he's up a lot more than that overall... seeing as he started with a Bear Umbra. i really like this idea though. John W, do you think you could do better than him?

Steve.
MidniteEffort

http://www.last.fm/user/GetMilesEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm

He is definately a great trader with a lot of good advice. I wouldn't do a pack to power trade because it would just take too much time to get the ball rolling. Starting with $100 in good trade cards, I can turn it into enough cash to buy a mox sapphire in about a month and a half.

He is definately up a ton of money now. I bet he could just sell the pack to power cards he has now and just buy the mox. It is obviously possible to trade up to a piece of power. The way he could impress me would be by putting a short time limit on it.

I do think I could do better than him. I pull $800 a month out of my trade binder and sell it online. Since i began playing magic in Odessey, I have spent less than $5000 on cards. My collection now is about $5000, plus the $800 a month I have been selling since Feburary.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  dark burn on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:32 pm

He finally finished his pack to power trade at Gen Con. It was an absolute terrible ending. He spent all this time trading with people, losing money on small stuff, trading up for the grim and losing money, and never just selling cards to dealers. Then, he gets the mox pearl from a friend at Gen Con who he admits is a shark, pays almost $100 more for the pearl, and doesnt even actually trade for it, just uses the buy prices of his dealer friend to get it.

I was looking forward to him actually finding someone with a mox for trade, and actually working out a real deal with another trader, not just buying one from a dealer with dealer credit. He should have just spent his time trading and selling to online dealers, would have made it much easier and faster.

Im actually suprised that this pisses me off so much.

dark burn

Back to top Go down

Post  Slyphidine on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

dark burn wrote:Im actually suprised that this pisses me off so much.

I do recall you expressing distaste for his trading practices the other day, so I'm not that surprised.
Slyphidine
Admin

http://www.neonandshy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down